College Dean Resigns Amid Allegations of Sexual Harassment…Episode 002
In This Episode
✓ College dean makes a pass at young female employee and gets rejected, but still manages to squeeze $95,000 from the law school before quitting.
✓ Cook county wants to send text messages to defendants to remind them to come to court. Yeah, that’s gonna work.
✓ Investigation continues into whether or not confiscated drug money was misappropriated. I ask: “Can dirty money ever really be cleaned? Ever? Really?”
Links & Resources
- ABA Journal | NIU gives former law dean $95K for off-campus research – Stephanie Francis Ward
- Dean’s Resignation Letter
- Daily Chronicle | Dannenmaier’s conduct: See the documents leading to NIU dean’s administrative leave – Drew Zimmerman
- WBEZ | Cook County Judge: Bail Can’t Be Too High For Poor To Pay – Associated Press
- The New York Times | Defendants Can’t Be Jailed Solely Because of Inability to Post Bail, Judge Says – Richard A. Oppel Jr.
- Circuit Court of Cook County Press Release | Evans changes cash-bail process for more pretrial release
- The Chief Judge’s Bail Reform Order
- The Times | Donnelly defends right to investigate, prosecute Towne
You may also want to check out…
- Episode 359 IllinoisCaseLaw.com | What You Need To Know About The Illinois Bail Reform Law
- Episode 360 PremiumNuggets.com | 102 Additional Police Forces Statewide Directed By A State’s Attorney Not What We Need
- Episode 081 IllinoisCaseLaw.com | State’s Attorney Power | This Prosecutor Misuses Investigator