The Cook County Chief Judge has imposed new bail reform rules designed to get ahead of the new Bail Law. Episode 003
In This Episode
✓ Cook county wants to send text messages to defendants to remind them to come to court. Yeah, that’s gonna work.
✓ The details on who gets out and who doesn’t
Links & Resources
- WBEZ | Cook County Judge: Bail Can’t Be Too High For Poor To Pay – Associated Press
- The New York Times | Defendants Can’t Be Jailed Solely Because of Inability to Post Bail, Judge Says – Richard A. Oppel Jr.
- Circuit Court of Cook County Press Release | Evans changes cash-bail process for more pretrial release
- The Chief Judge’s Bail Reform Order
You may also want to check out…
- IllinoisCaseLaw.com (Episode 359)| What You Need To Know About The Illinois Bail Reform Law
- Episode 360 PremiumNuggets.com | 102 Additional Police Forces Statewide Directed By A State’s Attorney Not What We Need
- Episode 081 IllinoisCaseLaw.com | State’s Attorney Power | This Prosecutor Misuses Investigator